Ch5-2定语从句的翻译1.ppt
文本预览下载声明
Warming up:
1.Those who want to go please sign their names here.
2.In old days the woman was kept at the bottom of society, a slave who could be bought, sold or simply discarded.;Translation of Attributive Clause ;Skills;Reversion;1.James Russell is a man for whom I have the greatest respect.
2.There is no reason why he shouldn’t come.
他没有不来的理由。
;定语从句是分隔型型时,也常采用前置定语,即逆序法译。常出现的分隔型定语从句有:
(1)先行词与定语从句之间有另一个作定语的短语
3.He lived in the house near us which was wrecked.
他住在我们附近的一座破房子里。
;(2)句子的状语较短,而修饰宾语的定语从句较长
4.I put the books in the cupboard which you read yesterday.
我把你昨天读过的那些书放在橱柜里了。
;(3)先行词是主句的主语,而主句的谓语较短,为了句子平衡而把定语从句放在主句谓语的后面
? 5.A war broke out which lasted for forty years.
一场延续了40年的战争爆发了。
;;(1)重复关系词所指代的含义或先行词 6. I told the story to John, who (=and he) told it to his brother.
我把这件事告诉了约翰,约翰又告诉了他的弟弟。;;8. I’m looking at a photograph of New Oleans jazz group which I used to play in.
我在看一张新奥尔良爵士乐的照片。我以前一直是该乐队的成员。
;9.Brill worried about the strange stories which she claimed Tom told her.
布里尔对这些稀奇古怪的传说感到担忧,她说这些传说是汤姆讲给她听的。;(2)省译关系词
10.Isaac Asimov was a productive writer who wrote over two hundred books all his life.
艾萨克﹒阿西莫夫是一位多产作家,一生写了200多本书。
;11.He said that he liked reading, which I was glad to hear.
他说他喜欢读书,我听了感到很高兴。
12.On the ground floor he had a store where he sold canned goods.
他在底楼有个铺子,出售罐头制品。
;;;(4)双重限制性定语从句
15.There was one thing he told me which I don’t believe.
他给我讲的有一件事我不相信。
16.Can you mention anyone that we know who is so talented as he?
你能举出一个我们认识的像他这样有才能的人吗?
;;;19.The computer, which seems to play the role of a human brain, is often called an electronic brain.
由于计算机起着类似人脑的作用,所以常常被称作电脑???(译成原因状从);20.Our delegations have been sent to Asian and African countries, who will negotiate trade agreements with the respective governments.
我们已派代表团到亚非国家去,以便同各国政府谈判贸易协定。(表“目的”)
;21. The current efforts of mobile communications companies focus around the shift from 2G to 3G technologies, which allow for the transfer of greater volumes of information at higher speeds.目前,移
显示全部